On February 4, 2019, the Institute for Integrative Health hosted a dinner symposium featuring a keynote presentation with Sandro Galea, MD, MPH, DrPH. Dr. Galea gave an inspirational speech on the urgent need to reorient epidemiology and public health to make a difference in health outcomes.
Following the keynote presentation, former U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski and Jay Perman, MD, president of the University of Maryland, Baltimore, also joined Dr. Galea for a panel discussing public health and policies.
Sandro Galea, MD, MPH, DrPH
- Physician and Epidemiologist
- Dean and Robert A. Knox Professor at Boston University School of Public Health
- Expert on the intersection of social and psychiatric epidemiology, with a focus on the behavior health consequences of trauma
- Published more than 700 scientific journal articles, 50 chapters, and 13 books
- One of the “World’s Most Influential Scientific Minds.”— Thompson Reuters
U.S. Senator of Maryland [retired],
Professor of Public Policy,
Adviser to the President,
Johns Hopkins School University
Co-Chair, UniverCity Partnership, Baltimore
One of “Maryland’s Most Admired CEOs,”
The Daily Record, 2013