A journey of self-discovery through creative expression
Class to be re-scheduled for a later date
Whatever your ability, creating art can have a positive impact on your health and well-being. Scientific studies have found that making art can reduce stress and anxiety, prevent depression, normalize blood pressure, and support the body’s immune function.
The Nova Institute hosted a course about the healing power of painting that consisted of four sessions, each including a lecture and slideshow presentation, as well as time for painting and sharing work.
Guided by Afsaneh Faridi, an experienced teacher of integrative healing art, participants:
- Created meaningful art that told their stories;
- Learned to tap the power of positive energy that is inside oneself and in nature;
- Explored the themes: strong, calm, and free;
- Learned and practiced techniques for sharpening the senses and becoming more present;
- Honed artistic skills with choice of acrylic, oil, or watercolor, as well as colored pencils;
- Learned fundamental concepts of color, the color wheel, shadows, and grayscale; and
- Became part of a community with which to share and discuss work
- “This class was an excellent, enriching experience.”
- “The instructor is very encouraging and experienced. Thank you!”